Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wandering Mind of a Daydreamer

So there I sat, staring into space, blanking out my mind from the world. This is the only way I can find any peace and quiet and have some alone time for myself. I suppose it is a form of meditation, and I just let my mind drift from thought to thought.

My mind brought up the question, "What's the deal with Satan, Val?" He sneaks up on you when you aren't looking and imposes strange thoughts and behaviors on us. I hate that woman, even though I don't know her... Go ahead eat that cake, no one will know... it's not speeding, you're allowed to go 5 MPH above the posted legal speed limit.... and I am convinced the 5 second rule is from Satan as well. How could we logically think that if it's only been on the floor for less than 5 seconds, it's still good?

I am usually able to catch these thoughts and ask myself.. why are you being a hater??..... NO!! I am not going to eat that cake, I am not hungry... I still wrestle with the 5 miles over the speed limit rule... although I can manage to overcome the 5 second rule and will not eat anything dropped on the floor. Even if I hear childhood voices saying "God made dirt, so dirt don't hurt."

Sometimes when bad thoughts and feelings seem to be consuming me I simply say, "Go away Satan, don't peddle your wares with me. I'm not interested, thanks." This seems to work most of the time. Today I pondered why?? Why does this work for me?? For once in my life I think I have a valid answer ...

I love God and do believe in God. I know he is all powerful so I don't know why the following surprised me. God loves me too. He loves me even if I am not perfect. He loves me even if I am not pure. God loves me and always has.

For some reason many people put Satan on the same level as God. Thinking that they are the ultimate representation of good and evil. This isn't true, you know why? Because God made Satan too. How could Satan be as powerful as his creator?? He can't.

So Satan runs around the Earth whispering little bits of bad things in our ears, and entices us to do bad things leading us to believe he has some ultimate control over us. How can he, when even God doesn't have ultimate control over us?? We have our free will to choose.

This is why when I tell Satan to bugger off, he does. I have the power of God behind me, and within me when I need it. Even with my oddities that make up me, my not so perfect self has the power. Like She-Ra, I have the power to tell Satan to go away and stop making me feel negative. Good always wins in the end, it just needs a little push. Keep the faith.

Love,

Val

1 comment:

  1. it also helps that God is omnipresent and omniscient and satan isn't. he's stuck being 1 place at 1 time and has all his lackeys whispering in our ears. :-D

    ReplyDelete