Thursday, December 3, 2009

WAITING

Waiting................ and waiting.......... I've learned, God, to patiently wait. I wait in long lines at the grocery store and patiently bide my time looking at the magazines or talking to the person next to me, also waiting. I wait at the bank to make deposits and withdrawals, zoning out and telling myself to be patient.

I wait at red lights, trying not to overload my brain using telekinesis to turn the light green. I even wait while the person in the car in front of me finishes putting on her make up or reading the newspaper, and I don't honk my horn. I wait... ever so patiently for inconsiderate people.

I wait and try to be patient as my children tell me in long drawn out, over adjectived (yes my own word), monotonous voiced, tall-tale telling of their very boring, unenlightening, stupid, days at school (their words, not mine). I wait to hear why one is crying and the other is yelling and screaming. I wait while I listen to how GI Joe lost his arm and try to teach them to wait for the glue to dry, so the arm will be repaired only to be torn away during the next battle.

Today I waited as I read about Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura , and will have to wait for my next blood test or two to see what is up. Tonight I sit here and think about all the waiting I have done in my life. Waiting on things, waiting on people, waiting on cars, waiting in line, waiting for the right moment just to wait for the next moment. Tonight I am tired of waiting and feel very impatient. Tonight I am tired of waiting. Tomorrow will be a better day... for one it's Friday.... but I won't be waiting :o)

4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying that you won't have to wait long for ITP to leave.

    Personally I hate waiting. I am so impatient and I refuse to pray for patience because I have figured out that praying for patience means more waiting. Not exactly cool if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL same here with the praying for patience. It took many years but I've learned my lesson on that one. I found when I pray for patience, He just throws another obsticle my way that I have to learn to be patient with. So now I just pray to have the grace to deal with whatever comes my way. Thanks for the comment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a poem once that had the lines: "You can't pull up a blade of grass / hoping to make it grow faster..."
    Now I try to look at these irritating or terrible things for which one has to wait as blades of grass. Helps me (sometimes)but I don't know why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a great entry !! - and how true it is - I am so impatient but then when i think of all the things we do wait for, maybe I am not really :) xx

    ReplyDelete